Saturday, January 3, 2015

My Earliest Memory




 Third day of the 365 days of Blogging challenge.

 
My earliest memory was my second birthday party. I don’t have a clear memory of the event but I remember receiving a gift from my Ninang Flor (may her soul rest in peace) and it was a pink dress. I remember that I liked the dress but I was too big for me back then.


As I am trying to recall that day, August 24, 1992 (just assuming, I am not sure if my party was held on the exact day of my birthday), I think it was the first time I got envious of something. Well it was not a material thing, I got envy on my friend’s long hair. Yes! As early as two, I was already conscious about how I look. As you can see in the photo below, I got a few hair. I can remember that the headband I was wearing kept on falling because there’s just few hair it can hold on to. My Friend, ate Carla was three years old back then, but she already has a nice long hair, she's the one wearing the blue dress on the left.


My second birthday party. I was holding the gift my Ninang gave me. I'm with my sisters and brother with some of our friends.


I think this event was the beginning of the “towel as hair” chronicle LOL! Yeah… I don’t know why my Mom was always cutting my hair short, when all I can remember as a child was my dream of having a long hair. I was a Lea Salonga fan, they said that even when I was sleeping, the moment they play her song, I will wake up, get a towel and put it on my head then get a comb as my mic, and I will sing with feelings while impersonating my idol.


Writing this blog now makes me realize that I was a funny kid back then. Hahahaha.. so many precious memories, as we say it now, it was fun to be a 90’s kid. We don’t have ipads, tablets or computers back then but we have the best childhood. We know how to improvise (like what I did with the towel hair) and I think we are much more creative and imaginative kids.


Are you a 90’s kids? Can you think of the cool things we used to do that the generation today is missing out? I think there are lots of things!



Thanks for reading and have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment