Sunday, January 4, 2015

Friends for Keeps




This is my 4th entry for the blogging challenge and it’s about friends.

I got so many group of friends. Some from elementary, in high school, college and at work. But I think I would love to blog about my high school friends now (hope my other friends won’t be able to read this) Lol.

Well... I have a solid group back in high school. We called ourselves G.G.G. (Gang Green Gang). Yes, we were green (well at least at a level that is still acceptable for conversations). But we have our own language. It was like when we give each other “that” look, we can easily understand what we meant and will automatically know what needs to be done.

So, let me first tell you how we started, it was year 2005, second year high school. Our section, Thales, has an interesting mix of students. Some of us were member of a group called COLDS (where I was once a member), some from LAKBULAK and some from Illuminati (the so called me, myself and I people who blends or hops in any group). We all have our own groups at the beginning, but to cut the story short, we had issues with our own groups back then, and we found comfort in each other and by mid of that year, we finally found ourselves inseparable.

We had lots of fun back then, after school we always go to the mall and sing in a Videok house. We used to go to a photo shop and pay 50 pesos for a studio picture. I don’t know, I have observed that my sibling also have plenty of studio pics back in high school. Maybe it’s just that period of adolescence where we are so happy to take photos (well back then smart phones are not yet invented, perhaps nowadays the studio pics is not a bang since we can see the new generation taking a lot of selfies).





In G.G.G., I could say that I am the craziest, also the B.I. (bad influence). There are lots of intelligent students in our school, and of course in our group as well. But I kinda pushed them to have fun instead of studying a lot of time. We have our McSession, where we go to McDonald’s after school, order Mcfloat and fries and just chat about anything (well usually gossips). We maybe not at the top of our class but we were always active in all school activities, I can say that our group is pretty creative. We joined the speech choir, plays, and any contest and we always give our best to win, we were so competitive.

In high school of course we started to have crushes and think about our love life. I can still remember when we use to stalk my friend’s crush. She will treat me at McDo just to accompany her in a computer shop where her crush played DOTA after school. It was so funny, I was like a secret agent that needed to get as much information as I can to share with her!!! Facebook was not yet the thing back then, it was Friendster. It was so funny because when you visit your friend’s profile, you were required to leave a “testi” because she/he will definitely see who has viewed her/him.    

High school with G.G.G. was really fun and adventurous indeed, I cannot imagine how I could survive without them. After high school, we have taken different paths, different universities. But somehow during college, we spent time to see each other and catch up on each other’s lives.





Now I am proud to say that we are all doing well. Each of has a profession and hopefully will have someone in the group to get married, hahaha been wanting to attend a wedding of a friend. Juju used to work in ABS-CBN as a segment producer, now she is taking up her masters in UK. Mehmeh is now working as payment associate in a private company, Dakki, is now serving the Lord and working as a volunteer in her church, Kimmi is on her third year in med school, Dawn is now working for GMA, Jepoy is still studying but soon will graduate, Ameh is working as HR in health care organization and me, I am now a business management analyst. I am glad that although we have been slacks and easy going in high school, we are still able to finish college and be something.

I believe my high school friends has a lot of influenced to who I am now. I seldom have contact with them now, but definitely, G.G.G. is always in my heart.




Thanks for reading and have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment